Located at the entrance to Paris, the transformation of the Renault site on the riverbank of the Seine is set to herald the emergence of Boulogne-Billancourt as one of the European centres of innovation of the new urban economy.
The “Trapèze” is home to the largest built element on the site (530,000m² of SHON - gross built area excluding the external walls). The central concept of the project is that of the city-park, which describes a new relationship between built and landscape space. One clear objective of the project is to reconcile density with the notions of space and nature.
The redevelopment of the Trapèze seeks to re-establish the exceptional nature of the site by rediscovering its fundamental geographical and topographical qualities: its position on the Seine, the opening towards the islands and the hillsides and its various orientations.
The project is the result of the overlaying of a number of matrixes of occupation of the site: geographical, urban and landscape. The principal organisational element: a series of wide east-west bands echoing outwards from the river to create a park of seven hectares (two huge open spaces connecting the centre to the new district) and a network of planted north-south axes which irrigate the plots while controlling their limits and their densities.
- PROGRAM_Redevelopment of the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Trapèze\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" - former Renault site
- LOCATION_Boulogne-Billancourt (92)
- PROJECT AREA_32ha – 515,000m² apartments, officies and communal facilities, 17ha public open space including 7ha park
- COST_€39m (public open space excluding park)
- CLIENT_SAEM val de Seine Aménagement
- DESIGNER_agence Patrick Chavannes urban planner/architect/landscaping
- ROLE_urban planning coordinator of the Trapèze site preparation of design specifications for each plot / project management of public spaces
- PHASE_riverbank: preliminary project / west Trapèze: under construction / esat Trapèze: project / completion of Cours Seguin: october 2010
- STATUTORY STATUS_PLU, project management of 10ha public space
- COLLABORATORS_ landscaping_ON/lighting_Laverne/landscaping_ OGI/infrastructural engineering