TEXT_Starting with the given urban layout and the rules established in the development guidelines, the architectural approach seeks to complement the urban design project inherent in the study by RUELLE. The project defines the detailed articulation which is essential if the architectural project is to reflect the spirit of the overall ensemble.
The aim is to give the station district a contemporary, metropolitan dimension similar to that which the City of Nantes currently derives from the generous promenade of the Allée du Parc.
At the scale of the city and in response to these challenges, the project defines a volumetry in dialogue with the site and with the neighbouring blocks and derives its entire richness from the diversity of the programmes which are to be accommodated and the spaces which are to accommodate them – from the urban façade to the heart of the block.
At a time when too many real estate projects are repetitive or alien, this project calmly develops the typological and morphological complexity offered by the programme, thanks to a functional scheme of great clarity.
- PROGRAM_Construction of 120 apartments and commercial space
- LOCATION_EuroNantes station, Nantes
- SURFACE AREA_8,550m² apartments (Total built area excluding external walls), 850m² commercial space
- COST_€9.3m (excluding tax)
- CLIENT_Bouygues Immobilier
- ROLE_Complete project management
- PHASE_completed july 2010
- DATE_2006 à 2010
- COLLABORATORS_structural engineers: IBA / mechanical engineers: Isocrate / associated architects : Aldo