TEXT_How should one design a new sustainable district on the site of a former water treatment works?
The response from the team is the result of a period of reflection upon urban design, architectural and landscape issues focusing on sustainability at every state of the project.
The core of the project is the proposal of a “new type of urban living” which addresses the use of renewable energy and the recuperation of rainwater, seeks to rationalise parking and emphasises soft modes of transport.
- PROGRAM_conversion of former industrial land into mixed-use
- SURFACE AREA_reflection about 90ha and detailed project for 11ha
- CLIENT_municipality AMIENS
- DESIGNER_Agence Patrick Chavannes
- ROLE_urban design reflections about 90ha, definition of an urban project for 11ha